Tuesday 8 April 2008

No news is ... no news

So there are only 5 days to go now until the 2008 Flora London Marathon.

I'll be there, or at least I hope to be there to get up close to the event as a spectator. And to cheer on some of the virtual friends I've made through Facebook who are running it.

As for my knee - I've not run at all for a month now. It no longer hurts, but it does feel uncomfortable sometimes, especially going up and down stairs and if I sit with my knee in the same position for too long. It's been a couple of weeks since the last painful twinge, but it's still not quite right, and not a knee I'd be confident to start running on again just yet. I'm not even prepared to put it under any stress which could exacerbate the problem, so I haven't been cycling. Even swimming over Easter was a bit of a pain, and I haven't swum since.

So I'm off to the Hospital sometime soon to get a scan to find out once and for all what's wrong with it, and how (and even if) I can get it to get better so I can start training for the 2009 marathon.

I'll update my blog again when I know when my appointment will be.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hope you don't have to wait too long to get the scan.

H
x

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register