Tuesday 2 June 2009

2 hours exercise in 2 days

Distance: 800m
Time 30min

Monday - last session in the pool in Didcot. Now I've got SOLL Leisure centre membership - I'll be swimming in Wantage or Faringdon instead. Or maybe even in the open air pool in Abingdon. I started off in the "fast" lane as usual, but soon a few serious swimmers got in and kept overtaking me. Luckily the rest of the pool was less busy by this time, so I moved back into the main area and finished off my 32 lengths there.


Distance: 3.17m
Time: 26m31s

Mile 1 - 8m21s
Mile 2 - 8m32s
Mile 3 - 8m13s
0.17m - 1m23s

Tuesday lunchtime. A brisk run. I'd thought about doing 4 miles but a) set off way too fast (I looked at my Garmin in horror to see i was running at 6m47s per mile) and b) decided I wanted to keep a bit of energy back to cope with the gym in the evening and c) it was hot.


Distance: 1.85km
Time: 15m00s

Core exercises: 180
Strength work: 302

Distance: 0.60km
Time: 10mins

This evening I returned to the gym for my first session on my own to try out my new programme. I found the selection for the hill training and embarked upon a slow but invigorating treadmill run. 15 minutes later and I'm fully warmed up and onto the core exercises. Again I found the V-sits too hard, so swapped them for long arm crunches. The Ab crunches were again quite easy, and the Russian twists easy to begin with and ... impossible after 60 reps!
Then strength work, 12 reps on each exercise x 3 repeats. As the Shoulder press was busy when I wanted to use it I squeezed in 50 reps on the adductor to fill in the time. Then lastly 0.6k on the Elliptical trainer. Last week I did 0.58k and this is a distance that I'm supposed to beat each time I do the next 10 minute go on it.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register