Saturday 13 June 2009

Weekly catchup

I've had a busy week exercising, but not blogging. So a brief note now to list what I've been doing in the last five days:

Monday
Exercise: swim
Distance: 800m
Crawl: 32 lengths

Tuesday
Exercise: Gym training
Treadmill hill run
Distance: 1.15m
Time: 15m
Core exercises: 10 mins
Strength exercises: 25 mins
Elliptical trainer
Distance: 0.64k
Time: 10 mins

Wednesday
Exercise: Lunchtime run
Distance: 4.17m
Time: 34m23s
Mile 1 - 8m12s

Mile 2 - 8m16s
Mile 3 - 8m14s
Mile 4 - 8m06s
0.17m - 1m33s

Exercise: Gym training
Treadmill hill run
Distance: 1.15m
Time: 15m
Core exercises: 10 mins
Strength exercises: 25 mins
Elliptical trainer
Distance: 0.66k
Time: 10 mins

Thursday
Exercise: Gym training
Treadmill hill run
Distance: 1.15m
Time: 15m
Core exercises: 10 mins
Strength exercises: 25 mins
Elliptical trainer
Distance: 0.68k
Time: 10 mins

Friday
Exercise: Gym work
Row
Distance: 5k
Time: 22m00s
Elliptical trainer
Distance: 0.88k
Time: 10 mins

So I've had another successful week of getting out to do some form of exercise 6 days in a row.

Being on such a high of fitness enthusiasm, I decided to enter the Birmingham Half Marathon on 11th October. When I mentioned it to a friend at work the next day, he said "oh, you didn't fancy doing the Swindon one then?" I replied "erm, when is it?" (thinking I might be brave enough to enter two) "October the 11th, I think...."

So I could have entered my local half marathon with only a 15 mile trip to the start line. But now I've already entered one that's nearly 90 miles away instead. Oh well. I like Birmingham. It's my second favourite city. And apparently the course is quite flat. Whereas Swindon isn't quite so flat, and in spite of being the town of my birth, isn't that high on my list of favourite places... I now have something concrete to aim for. With 120 days to go, I'm officially back in training. I'm aiming for under 2 hours.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Dare we ask your #1 city??!

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register