Thursday 9 April 2009

300+ miles in 2009

Distance: 5.54 miles
Time: 50m20s
Mile 1 - 9m26s
Mile 2 - 9m13s
Mile 3 - 9m27s
Mile 4 - 9m04s
Mile 5 - 8m52s
0.54m - 4m16s

Round and around... A good way to start the long weekend. Today's plan was 50 minutes steady. Five and a half laps of the mile circuit of the village? Hmmm, that sounds a bit boring. So I chose to mix things up a bit, and let my Garmin plot the route again. I headed out on a circular tour of the village, up and down pretty much all of the roads, back and forth, in and out. I'd aimed to get back home in 50 minutes, and ended up 20 seconds too late. Oh well, must try harder next time ;o)



Today's run brings my total mileage for 2009 to 301.6 miles - not bad in 98 days eh?
Only 17 days to go now until the London Marathon. It's getting scarily close now...

2 comments:

Phil said...

Wonder if there's a way you can use the garmin to draw something with your route on the map?

Ambitious? Possibly

Potential amusement value = high!

Heidi said...

lovely squiggles!

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register