Wednesday 15 April 2009

What do I do when it's all over?

Distance: 4.34 miles
Time: 40m01s
Mile 1 - 9m37s
Mile 2 - 9m05s
Mile 3 - 9m09s
Mile 4 - 9m00s
0.34m - 3m09s

There are only 10 days 18 hours and 37 minutes left until the London Marathon. I've been working towards this goal for so long now, I can't imagine stopping after it's done. Will I be online at 9am on Monday 27th April entering the ballot for the 2010 Virgin London Marathon? Hmmm. We'll see. I know I'll want to do more half marathons though. I need to do something after April. Obviously I'll carry on running, as I've got the bug now. But running for running's sake seems a little, without purpose. I'll definitely find some race or other to do later in the year.


Today saw the last weekday run of over half an hour in my training schedule. I seem a bit sad about that. Hence my musings on what next. The plan said 40 minutes easy. Yes yes. What's easy? That's slower than steady, isn't it? But it's such a nice day, I just can't bring myself to run slowly. So I end up running steady. I'm not straining, nor pushing myself too hard, so I'm somewhere between easy and comfortable. Before I know it my legs are on autopilot again and I'm breezing round in the sun. It'll be good if the weather's like this a week on Sunday. Not too hot. Not too cold. Not too wet. Not too dry. Just about right.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register