Saturday 18 April 2009

7 days 11 hours 30 minutes to go

Distance: 1.06 mile
Time: 10m20s

Just a gentle jog this evening. After a day out sightseeing in London, where we covered 20 miles in 7½ hours. Don't worry - none of it was running, and most of the distance was covered either underground or on the top deck of a bus... We did walk across Tower Bridge. I felt a moment of excitement again, thinking about running across this famous London landmark next weekend. We turned left at the end (not right!) and walked past the Tower of London. And when we crossed the road by Tower Gateway station, I looked along it, and got an even bigger surge of something amazing as I imagined this point in the race next Sunday. There will be less than 4 miles to go to the finish!
We jumped on the tube again back to Westminster, and walked to Trafalgar Square. I made the others walk through admiralty arch and gaze down The Mall at Buck Palace in the distance. Look, there's the finish line....

I love London, I really do. And I'm so happy that I'll be running round it next weekend. It's taken 18 months of slog (less the 4 month break when I was injured last year), but the end is so close now...

So I've only a week left and only need another couple of hundred pounds to reach my sponsorship target. So if you can spare a couple of pounds, please do. It all adds up! Cheers :)

http://justgiving.com/madasaboxoffrogs

1 comment:

Rebecca Vincent said...

Will ask some friends this week of theyt can sponsor you, and then post it online on Friday.

Hope you reach your target - both in sponsor money and to finish in your ideal time running.

So proud of you.

Love Big Sis Rebecca xx

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register