Monday 20 April 2009

Last swim...

Distance: 800m
Crawl: 32 lengths

Back in the pool at lunchtime for my "recovery" swim. It seems so long since I last swam, but it was only 2 weeks ago. I don't know how many sessions I have left on my swim card, perhaps one? I don't know whether I'll sign up again. Swimming has been good for me, and has featured as an important part of my marathon training. But once the marathon is over, will I still feel like doing it? People say that running is boring. I don't find that. I love running. Swimming, however, I find very dull. It would be good to keep it up though, so as to keep up my overall level of fitness. And since I've lost almost 3 stone in the last 8 months, I want to stay fit and healthy after I've recovered from the 26.2 miles next Sunday.

3 comments:

Rebecca Vincent said...

Do you listen to iPod music when you run? My friend Alison says she finds it helpful and can help you to keep at a pace, or to motivate you to keep going. She rang me today and wishes you all the best, and says have a great race, and she will call me kext week to see how you got on.

If you like swimming a little bit and you know it does you good with keeping fit, go once a week, or twice a month, depending on your other commitments?

Love Big Sis, Rebecca

ulen said...

No I don't listen to music, I need to be aware of the traffic normally out on the country roads. As for London I want to hear the crowds and bands so wouldn't want my own music there either! I will carry on swimming, just not every Monday I think... Thanks for your support Ulen xx

Anonymous said...

Ulen, I hope you have a wonderful time running London on Sunday! I wish I could have been on the course with you, but my inury has laid me low. You better write an amazing race report, as I need the vicarious thrill! I just donated, too; wish it could have been more. So strange that I only "know" you through Twitter.

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register