Sunday 25 January 2009

Oh dear, it was going so well...

Distance: 9 miles
Time: 1h29m43s
Mile 1 - 9m25s
Mile 2 - 9m25s
Mile 3 - 9m14s
Mile 4 - 9m23s
Mile 5 - 9m40s
Mile 6 - 9m31s
Mile 7 - 10m27s
Mile 8 - 10m26s
Mile 9 - 12m12s

I'd been tempted to do my weekend long run yesterday, as the weather was good, sunny without a hint of a breeze, unlike the wind and rain forecast for today. However, I decided to stick to my training plan and keep yesterday as the 2nd of the couple of days rest after Thursday's 5-miler.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the day was dry, and the sky brightening up this morning. So when I set out for my 9 mile run I was in a good mood, and looking forward to it. The first half was great, and I was still feeling good given that every step I took was taking my closer to home. This lasted through mile 6, still comfortable having done two thirds.

Then I started to tire, but decided to take it easy on this mile, and hope I could find the extra reserves that served me so well last week, however at the end of the mile I felt a twinge in my right knee. Nothing like the pain I felt in my left knee when I got injured last year, but enough to knock my pace off.

Oh well, I just hope this is just an off day, and that I'll be back fit running again tomorrow, just a short 2 mile "recovery" run.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register