Thursday 15 January 2009

Run Forrest!!!

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 52m31s
Mile 1 - 10m33s
Mile 2 - 10m50s
Mile 3 - 10m30s
Mile 4 - 10m34s
Mile 5 - 10m04s


Since I was really feeling the effects of last night's yoga session today - especially the squatting pose that we finished on - I was not altogether looking forward to this evening's "50 minute comfortable jog". Still, as soon as I got in from work, I was keen to get out there.

I set off slowly as I wasn't up to running at my normal pace, but that was good as it was dark, and I was only supposed to be jogging at a comfortable speed. So overall this evening's run was spot on, albeit a bit difficult for the first couple of miles, partly as it felt so slow.

I had that odd feeling again, on lap three when I'd gone just over 2.5 miles, I told myself that I was only half way through, but then decided that psychologically I was well over half way, as I was warmed up, and in the zone. In fact on lap four I felt disconnected from my legs, they were pounding along on their own, with no effort from me to keep going. I love it on a run when it feels great, not hard work at all.

Just after starting mile five, I passed a group of girls on the other side of the road, and they shouted out "Run Forrest"! Then I passed them again towards the end of the mile, so I'd run three-quarters of it in the time they took to walk a quarter of the way round in the opposite direction. One of them didn't see me until the last moment and jumped out of her skin!

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register