Thursday 11 October 2007

2 down, 24.2 to go...

I went out for a run again this evening, and managed 2 miles this time. I did the mile route round the village twice (in 2 stages, 0.8 miles then 1.2 miles), and boy did it feel good. If I increase this run by a mile lap every week - then I'll be all set for the marathon come April...!

Ok, perhaps that't not how I'm supposed to be training, but you get the idea. It's going to take a while to get into it, but when I do there'll be no stopping me. Well maybe a bit of ice & snow might be a bit awkward, but then I've the rowing machine to look forward to when I can't get out and about on the streets.

I've booked a few days off in December as I had loads of holiday to use up by the end of the year. The plan is to run an 5-mile circuit by then. And then come Januray I hope to be up to 8-miles. Doing mile laps is all very well, but it's all too easy to give up at the end of 2, 3 or 4 miles. Once out on the roads - if I make it to 4 miles, I'll have no choice but to run another 4 miles to get home again.

1 comment:

Alison Neale said...

I've heard that housework is very good exercise ... so if the weather conspires against you you could always do some vigorous vacuuming, or window cleaning .....

You know, I'm so impressed by how seriously you're taking this and really proud of you for even considering doing a marathon. You're a star :) xxx

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register