Thursday 4 October 2007

Warming up

In anticipation of a successful outcome of the draw for a place in the London 2008 Marathon, I spent 2 hours on Saturday, 3½ hours on Sunday and another half hour on Monday evening delivering Community Times in the Vale around Faringdon, Wantage & Grove. This great new magazine is published by my wife, so no doubt I would have been drafted in anyway to help with deliveries this month, but I wanted to push myself a bit on the Sunday to go the extra mile (or three) when I could easily have given up after only doing a couple of hours.

Ok, so a bit of walking the streets doesn't sound like much, and it's a long long way from 26 miles 385 yards, but since I'm so out of shape, I had to start somewhere!

Look out for me in the coming issues of the magazine, as I've been volunteered to write a column for it...

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register