Wednesday 30 January 2008

Getting there

My swimming lesson went well this evening. I've pretty much got the breaststroke sorted - in as much as I now know how to do it properly. All I need to do now is explain to my feet (especially my left one) to actually do what I want them to, and I might improve my stroke. Now onto crawl, and after half an hour it suddenly all clicked together and I managed 24-30 strokes, breathing every 6 strokes! More practice needed there...

Back to the running tomorrow, and Friday; with a seminar in London on Saturday for Golden Bond runners. A busy day:

10.00
Guests start to arrive, tea & coffee available, and Flora London Marathon official souvenir sales commence; custom fitting of shoes with adidas Footscan machines

11.15
Nick Bitel - the Flora London Marathon's Chief Executive welcomes you and outlines the charity background to the event

11.25
David Bedford - the Race Director looks ahead to FLM 2008 and explains how he has set up a truly world class race, just for you

11.40
Lisa Thompson & Andrew Smith - our Course and Finish Directors present an expert perspective on what you can expect on the course (from start to finish) on Race Day

12.15
Sam Murphy - one of UK's leading health and fitness writers, runner, coach and sports scientist, brings you "Ten Commandments" to steer you clear of injury

12.45
John Stewart & Duncan Malins - from adidas, official suppliers to the FLM, with plenty of ideas on what to wear when training and racing

13.00
Tea & Coffee break - Flora London Marathon Souvenir clothing on sale; custom fitting of shoes with adidas Footscan machines

14.15
Simon Doggett - from justgiving.com brings inspiring ideas on how to maximize your fundraising potential

14.30
Tim Rogers - from realbuzz.com invites you to be a part of the Flora London Marathon website

14.45
John Brewer - Director of the Lucozade Sport Science Academy with vital advice on nutrition and hydration for training and Race Day

15.10
David Bedford - totally unique tips from the man once dubbed the "most colourful character in world athletics" - you'll see why! Not to be missed

15.30
Liz Yelling (one of Britain's top distance athletes) and Sam Murphy (leading writer, runner and coach) bring you invaluable training advice for the months ahead

16.00
General Forum - your chance to put questions to the expert panel

16.15
Finish - Flora London Marathon Souvenir clothing and shoes on sale until 17.00

17.00
Close

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register