Tuesday 22 January 2008

Wii tennis elbow?

I've picked up another minor injury... well ok, not an injury just a slightly stiff shoulder from playing tennis on my brother-in-law's Wii (or should that be my niece's Wii?) at the weekend. Serves me right for using different muscles! I don't think, however, winning a 5 game match against my stepson counts as cross training. Nor do the two bowling matches that I lost to my brother-in-law's fiancée and my wife count either.

Swimming 20 lengths yesterday evening does count as cross training though. I swam somewhere between 460 and 500 metres yesterday evening. I am unsure as I may have lost count on the lengths I did (I think it was 10 breaststroke; 2 crawl; 6 breaststroke; 2 crawl); and there is some debate as to the official length of Faringdon swimming pool. Apparently it can't be used in swimming competitions, as the builders managed to build the 25m pool a bit short of the designed length!
Anyway, it was a good 40 minute session where I practised what I learned at tfd last week. I've kind of got the hang of the arms, and almost got my breathing pattern correct. My legs still require some work so I bet that's what this week's lesson will need to concentrate upon.

Back to running this evening (iliotibial band permitting).

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register