Wednesday 23 January 2008

It would be easier to swim with webbed feet, wouldn't it?

Remember Bobby Ewing in "Man from Atlantis"? (if so, you're showing your age!!), well he had webbed feet, didn't he? This evening I had my 2nd swimming lesson at tfd. I've got my arms sussed, and the breathing is better, it's just my feet that will take practice to make... well, if not perfect then at least better than they are now. I still point my toes too much, and find it difficult to splay my feet out sideways so that kicking through the water will push me forwards. My pointy toes have a habit of slicing through the water, and not helping much at propelling me through the water. Ah well, more practice practice practice and it will come in time.

Back running tomorrow, then off to see the physio on Friday to see how my leg is getting on.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register