Saturday 28 February 2009

30 min swim + 30 min gym + 30 min run

Distance: 750m
Crawl 30 lengths

Reps: 400+
Time: 30 mins

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 30m00s
"Mile" 1 - 10m01s
"Mile" 2 - 9m59s
"Mile" 3 - 10m00s

Today I tried a mixed workout. I swam for half an hour, I used the gym for half an hour and I ran for half an hour. I decided to make best use of my leisure centre pass today and get in a good hour and a half of exercise.

I'd toyed with the idea of doing a "triathlon", but decided that cycling is using the wrong muscles and I could really do with working on my legs and upper body again. So after my swim, I use various machines. I did 50 reps on the adductor one, to strengthen my inner thighs. Unfortunately the abductor machine was out of order. I tried "running on one foot" on the leg press again, 30 reps each leg, with simple one-legged leg presses before and after. Then 30-50 reps on shoulder and chest presses, and back to the adductor for another 100 reps.

Then I hit the dreaded treadmill again, setting off for a 200m warm-up jog, followed by 4.8k at 9.6kph - a steady 10-min-mile pace.

Finishing off with plenty of stretching for ITB, quads and hamstrings, and back home for a nice slab of steak with brown pasta, ready for tomorrow's LSR.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register