Monday 23 February 2009

Was that a ghost?

Distance: 1.5 miles
Time: 18m04s
Half Mile - 5m56s
Mile 1 - 12m08s

Only my 10th run of the month, thanks to the enforced absence with the snow, and the problems I'd had with my ITB before I got it under control (touch wood). I've still managed to clock up 54 miles in this time, with another 12 planned before the month is out. Just a very gentle mile-and-a-half jog this evening. Time to start using my brand new training shoes.

Here they are:









And here's my old pair, now in semi-retirement at 318 miles:









I'll use them as a spare for another hundred miles or so, but need to be using the new pair from now on as a prepare for the big day in April. Just 62 days to go now!

I had a slightly odd moment this evening, as I ran along beside the main road. I thought I caught a glimpse of someone walking along the pavement ahead of me, but when I got to where they had been, there was no one there. So either they'd jumped over the hedge into the allotments, or .... perhaps they hadn't been there in the first place at all? Then a car came along the road behind me, lighting up my shadow ahead of me in the hedge. Hold on, that's a very familiar looking silhouette .... then it dawned on me that I'd just seen my shadow a few seconds earlier when the car first lit me up from a distance, before dipping in the road, and then lighting me up again. Shame, I always wanted to meet a ghost!

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register