Wednesday 4 February 2009

No more snow... please!!

Please can the snow stay away now? Luckily I suppose I haven't been running this week, so it hasn't mattered yet, but I want to get back out on the roads by Friday really... rather dangerous to consider when I saw the state of the pavements this morning.

I saw the Sports Therapist today, and she was very helpful. She massaged my leg, and that was good. She had promised to hurt me... no pain no gain I thought, but it all seemed to be fine. Then she prodded her thumbs into my leg and got me to bend and straighten it (or was it straighten and bend?). Now that did hurt a bit. Then she stretched my ITB, and gave me tips on other stretching.
Ice to reduce the tenderness and slight swelling in my leg, and rest tomorrow. She wants me back running by Friday, and back to see her next week for another massage if necessary.

Then I had my usual Wednesday Yoga flow session. There was more concentration on stretching this week, which was good. Some of the poses I found difficult, and will need more practice before I can do them, others I was happily getting into the harder version to increase the stretch, so that made me feel good.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register