Wednesday 25 February 2009

Just a quick jog today

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 26m39s
Mile 1 - 9m06s
Mile 2 - 8m50s
Mile 3 - 8m43s


A steady jog today, just a quick three miles. Very breezy when I headed out in just a t-shirt (rather than long-sleeves and a hat). Hmm, perhaps not as warm and springlike as I thought it was. Nonetheless once I'd warmed up, I barely noticed the wind, and even thought perhaps I'd overcooked it a little on the first mile. But the 2nd mile was even better. Great! One of those runs where my legs just go onto autopilot and take me round with little effort to worry about where I'm going. They know the route well by now... I even tried a bit of "off road" running today, using the grass verges where possible to vary the surface I'm running on, and give my feet and ankles a bit more of a workout, and my knees a bit of a break from the hard pavements. Mile three and I'm going for it, not superfast, but still speeding up again on the first two. So I got back home having worked up a nice sweat, but without tiring myself out by pushing too hard.

Back to yoga tonight, having had a break last week due to half-term (though why an adult evening class in a church needs a half-term break is anyone's guess!)

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register