Friday 20 February 2009

Running when the sun goes down

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37m25s
Mile 1 - 9m52s
Mile 2 - 9m13s
Mile 3 - 9m11s
Mile 4 - 9m09s

At last - daylight running in the evening again. It was great to set off in the sunshine, albeit short-lived as the sun soon drifted below the cloud-line, and started to set. I set off deliberately slowly (and actually stopped briefly to check for a stone in the tread of my running shoe, but couldn't find one). Then a mile in I upped the pace a little to give me the steady workout required for today's short run.

It's strange how the miles seem to be getting longer on the same runs. Perhaps it's because I'm running at a slightly slower pace now that I'm racking up more miles? So the same miles take longer, so seem to stretch out for longer too. That said today's run was only 46s longer than the last time I did the same route, and half of that was spent on the first mile. Maybe it's just because it's been the end of a tiring week, so my body is flagging a bit, mentally as much as physically.

Day off again tomorrow (though plenty of walking around London to be done).
LSR to look forward to on Sunday!

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register