Tuesday 17 February 2009

Negative split

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 18m08s
Mile 1 - 9m08s
Mile 2 - 9m00s

Just a "20 minute" steady run today, out and back lunchtime run again. This time a bit faster than last week, and I managed to up my pace a fraction on the return leg. Ok, so doing a negative split over 2 miles isn't a huge achievement, but it makes me happy - which is always a good way to finish a run.

I've now clocked up over 300 miles in my Adidas Supernova Cushion 7s and although they should be good for 400-500 miles, I've worked out I should be running about another 240 miles up to and including the marathon itself. So I need to swap over to my new pair soon and start wearing them in so that I don't run the FLM in worn out running shoes. Obviously I don't want to swap over to my new pair just a couple of weeks before the big day. And it would be good to reap the benefits of a new pair of trainees in my training too!

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register