Saturday 28 March 2009

66 lengths in 65 minutes

Distance: 1 mile+ (1650m)
Crawl: 66 lengths

Gym: 30 minutes

This afternoon I wanted to take advantage of my week's leisure centre pass with a swim and a gym session. I'd planned half an hour in each. But then after about 12 or 15 lengths I was feeling so good, I decided that instead of the 32-40 lengths I'd thought of doing, I'd go for another mile and keep going for the 65 lengths I'd need to do. I had plenty of time, but even so I didn't rest too long between lengths, so not only did I manage a mile, but I managed it about 10 minutes quicker than last time I did one. I had the advantage that I had half the pool entirely to myself for all but the last 10 lengths or so. It made sense to finish on 66 lengths so I could get out in the shallow end. I even sprinted the last two too!

Then I went to the gym, which I had all to myself for about 25 minutes, and only one other person came in about 5 minutes before I decided I'd had enough. 100 reps on abductors and adductors, then I tried out the chin-ups machine (a new one on me!) and then I did shoulders and chest (about 20 reps on each in each position), and finally 100 reps on the pecs to finish.

Home now for a huuuuge plate of brown pasta with coriander pesto, and five salmon fish fingers.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register