Wednesday 11 March 2009

Kite running...

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 36m37s
Stopwatch
Mile 1 - 9m01s
Mile 2 - 9m15s
Mile 3 - 9m07s
Mile 4 - 9m11s

Garmin

Mile 1 - 8m44s
Mile 2 - 8m47s
Mile 3 - 8m40s
Mile 4 - 8m39s
0.21m - 1m45s

Today's plan was for a steady 35 minutes, so I upped my pace from yesterday (quite easy to do when I can see where I'm running). Mind you the ~9-minute-mile pace was a bit harder to keep up with all the running on grass I'm now doing. However I'm quite pleased with the consistency I managed today.

Two thirds of the way round lap two, I got a great view of a red kite hovering above me. I wish I'd had my camera to get a good picture, it was very close. Round about the same point on lap three, there it was again, this time circling over the allotments. As I approached the end of the final lap, I was looking keenly for the kite, but couldn't see it. Then it swooped overhead again. When I got home, I picked up my camera and headed back for my "warm-down" walk to the spot where it had been, but it was now much higher. I took a few pictures anyway, and here's the best one:

2 comments:

Phil said...

beats my dead swan!
good shot!

Anonymous said...

Love the kite - good thing you are bigger than a mouse!!

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register