Wednesday 18 March 2009

Everybody's Free (reprieve)

Distance: 4.6 miles
Time: 40m01s

Starting to increase the mileage and speed again, today called for a 40 minute "steady" run, and tomorrow suggests 75 minutes "brisk", although not too sure what the difference is there. Then I think a rest day and a more gentle 30 minute run on Saturday - followed by 160 minutes on Sunday which I reckon would be 16 miles. 18 next weekend, then 20, then taper down to the big day in April!

I was thinking of trying another wiggly run round the village today, but in the end opted for simple laps of the village instead, running mostly on the verges again where possible to give my knees a bit of a rest. Trusting my Garmin's readout today (after all it had spotted I'd started my run outside my own house, not from someone else's back garden!), I ran a steady pace of 8m39s, 8m42s, 8m36s & 8m45s for the first 4 miles, and then carried on round the lap until I'd reached a round 40 minutes, then I walked back.

Justgiving have a competition to enter a Marathon related video. So I've turned my Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) parody into a video and entered it here.



No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register