Monday 23 March 2009

Runner-up runner

Distance: 3 miles
Time: 30m10s
Mile 1 - 10m02s
Mile 2 - 10m06s
Mile 3 - 10m02s

A recovery run this evening. How gentle should that be? Let's see - half an hour, so I shall head out on my 2 mile out and back run from work, and then carry on on a lap of Milton Park to make the time up. Ok, in my head 30 minutes simply equates to 3 miles. I guess I should try to take it even easier than that, but it's just so hard to run any slower on such a short run. So 3 miles it is, and my pace couldn't have been an awful lot more consistent.

Then I had my postponed sports massage. I'd thought of cancelling, since my legs felt so much better than usual today. But then again, for the next couple of weeks whilst my training is at its peak, I do really want the extra help it gives to my recovery. And I'm glad I kept the appointment, as the sport therapist managed to hurt me quite a bit, much more than the last couple of times. So it turns out that my calves, and even my hamstrings (normally quite supple) were in fact quite stiff and needed some deep pummelling to sort them out!

In other good news today - I found out that my "Everybody's Free (to wear Vaseline)" video was awarded a runner's up prize in the Just Giving competition. The winner was Sir Jog A Lot, which is only fair as his was much funnier than mine! Still another £15 towards my sponsorship total was most welcome.

Remember you can sponsor me at: http://justgiving.com/madasaboxoffrogs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ulen

Good to see another Oxonian running this year.

I am training on many of the same roads as you so will keep an eye open for you.

Best of luck on the day.

Heidi said...

marathon runner and award winning film maker.....way to go!

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register