Wednesday 25 March 2009

Change of plan today

Distance: 800m
Crawl: 32 lengths

I knew things were going too well on Monday. Yesterday morning the slight ache in my left achilles that I'd developed on Monday evening was worse, so it felt slightly uncomfortable to walk up and down stairs. It was a day off yesterday, so it got plenty of rest. I used ibuprofen gel on my ankle to alleviate the discomfort, and today it feels much better. However with only just over 4 weeks to go until the London Marathon, I decided not to chance the planned hard 6 mile run today and risk causing an injury, so it was off to the pool for some non-impact aerobics.

It was easy enough to notch up 32 lengths, so managed another half mile in under half an hour. And I even found a certificate in the locker entitling me to a prize (tbc), which could be a week's free gym at Faringdon leisure centre!

Off to yoga again this evening, only a couple of weeks of the course left now. I shall have to choose whether I want to keep it up after the marathon and enroll on another class.

Back to the running tomorrow...

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register