Tuesday 17 March 2009

Gently does it

Distance: 625m
Crawl: 25 lengths

I went for my normal Monday swim yesterday. I really didn't want to do any exercise at all really, and would have been justified in having a day off, but didn't want to slip in my plan now. Besides I always seem to feel better after a swim, in spite of my body crying out for a day off! The pool was really busy, and after 16 lengths I gave up in the laned-off section, and rejoined the main pool. Even there it was quite congested too, so after 25 lengths I decided to call it a day.

Distance: 2.21 miles

Time: 21m20s


Today I ease back into the running with an easy couple of miles around my village. Again, no need to follow a predefined route, I just fired up my Garmin and set off, running in a sort of loop round the village paths, back and forth through the churchyard and the back alleys to make up my 20 minute gentle jog. I'd sort of planned to try to not double-back on myself, but a bit difficult to do so without that forward planning after all!

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register