Tuesday 12 February 2008

As seen on TV

So I went to the doctor, and guess what he told me? No he didn't say "Girl, you'd better have fun, no matter what you do!" (I don't think he's a fool). He said he thinks the problem with my leg may be related to my collateral ligament, and it should get better with exercise! I'll be asking the physio on Friday what the right kind of exercise is to fix my leg. I checked my weight and my blood pressure. My weight's down (just!) to 92.6kg which is still on the obese end of the overweight side. Despite me running between 14 and 19 miles a week for the last month - I've still only lost 400 grammes since I started in October! The weight should come off when I continue to up my mileage... (or stop eating?!) My blood pressure is 126/90 which means my Systolic Blood Pressure (the 1st number) is down to normal, but my Diastolic Blood Pressure (the 2nd number) is a bit up. Perhaps it's the worry of my ongoing leg problems?

It was not hurting today, but still was a bit uncomfortable. If it was bothering me a little to walk, I thought it safest to not venture out in the winter sun for a lunchtime run.

Instead this evening I dusted off my lateral thigh trainer and spent the time I would have been out running (40 minutes) burning off 285 calories by doing 2000 steps instead.


Swimming lesson tomorrow.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register