Wednesday 6 February 2008

Back on track

Well, I'm back at the physio for more deep massaging, and have another session booked next week. He's still confident that I can manage my injury toward a pain free marathon. He suggested I may consider getting some Skins to wear, as this may help me. Sheesh, this running hobby is turning out to be a bit expensive!

Mizuno shoes - £75
FLM Entrance fee - £50
Santa Fun Run entrance fee - £15
Yellow hat (to compliment my Chelsea top that I run in!) - £10
New watch with multiple stopwatch - £20
adidas Half marathon fee - £15
Running socks (2 pairs) £19
Physio - £110
Fitness roller - £18
adidas FLM 2008 running shorts - £25
adidas shoes (BOGOF) - £75 (to last me over 1,000 miles of running!)
Several gallons of lucozade sport
... Skins Half Tights Men's Compression Clothing (if I decide to get some) £40
Swimming lessons & practice sessions, gym... carrots... brown pasta...

Talking of swimming lessons, I had my 4th lesson this evening. It seems I will need to spend a long time practising splaying my feet out in order for me to get my kick right for breaststroke. Crawl is coming along, although I claimed I was incapable of doing 4 things at the same time (being a man). It's hard to kick with your feet, fully extend them out, remember to breath every 4 or 5 (or 6) strokes, and keep my arms in a slow motion with the hands hitting the water thumbs first. I can do all of these things, but doing them all at roughly the same time? My instructor told me to get on with it and stop making excuses! Plenty more practice needed there too.

Back running tomorrow evening (before a well earned relaxing sit down in front of Ashes To Ashes).

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register