Sunday 3 February 2008

Running for 95 minutes

Having had a day off on Friday, as I wasn't feeling too great (it's ok to skip a day once in a while), then a normal scheduled day off yesterday (when I was in London at the FLM Golden Bond Seminar), this evening's plan was a slow steady 90 minute run, for about 7 or maybe 8 miles. I managed 7 miles, and I stayed out running for 95 minutes, but it didn't go quite as smoothly as I'd hoped, as my itb was playing up again. I feel great now, but it was really niggling on miles 3 & 4, so I stopped off at home for a breather, and decided to change my shoes for a pair of brand new Adidas Supernova Cushion 7 running shows that I bought at the show. I headed out and managed 2½ more miles before my leg started moaning at me again, so I walked and jogged the last section home.

Mile 1 - 11m55s (Mizuno)
Mile 2 - 12m43s (Mizuno)
Mile 3 - 13m55s (Mizuno)
Mile 4 - 14m15s (Mizuno)
4 minute break
Mile 5 - 13m16s (Adidas)
Mile 6 - 13m56s (Adidas)
Mile 7 - 15m04s (Adidas)

The good thing is that I made it out on my feet for over 90 minutes, and it's all about time on your feet now. The weekly long run doesn't have to be long in miles, but it does have to be long in time. I need to be able to stay out on my feet for 4 or 5 hours in April, so today's milestone of over 1½ hours (albeit with a very short break after 52 minutes) was a good achievement at this stage.

I'm off to warm and massage my leg, and tomorrow I'll be cross training in the pool again, hoping to be fit on my legs again for Tuesday's "short" run (4 miles?!)

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register