Wednesday 17 September 2008

Blimmin technology

Distance: 4.5m
Time: 19m02s
Avg speed: 14.2mph
Max speed: ??mph

Got up, got dressed in cycling gear, got breakfasted, put change of clothes for work and lunch in my pannier, got the bike in the car, drove to Steventon.

Got the bike out, put the quick release front wheel back on the bike the wrong way round (again!), took quick release wheel off and put it back on again the right way round. It's a shame that a quick release wheel doesn't seem so quick to put back on again. Car locked, set off for work and .... I'm doing 0mph, taking 0m0s to go anywhere and am travelling 0m. Hmm, the computer is playing up. Now last time this happened I put it down to my own stupidity, but now I'm thinking I may have a duff computer which seems to cease to work on its own whim. Despite several button pressing combinations in vain, it obstinately refused to work. No time to investigate properly as I need to get to work, so I set my stopwatch going and headed off. Annoyingly I can't check my speed or distance along the way.

I wonder if it will work on the return journey this afternoon?

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register