Tuesday 30 September 2008

Have you tried rebooting it, sir?

Distance: 4.7m
Time: 19m20s
Avg speed: 14.6mph
Max speed: 21mph

I took the battery out of my Raleigh cycle computer this morning, and that seemed to do the trick, although I'm not sure if I set the wheel diameter to the correct number. Hence today's 4.5 miles seemed to be 4.7 instead. Well, I'm not doing any time trials, and not too fussed about being 100% accurate in this blog (after all my regular 1 mile run round the village is nearer 1.1 miles). But at least I can measure my journeys now, until the thing decides to stop working again at least. Today's rain was quite refreshing, and I didn't get too wet.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register