Tuesday 9 September 2008

Riding against too much resistance

Distance: 8.041m
Time: 41m11s
Avg speed: 11.7mph
Max speed: 22.4mph


Having got today's run out of the way at lunchtime, I took my new bike out for a proper spin this evening. After resetting the cycle computer correctly and checked it was working, I set off on the 8-mile route that I've cycled many many times before, a few times in training and the route I've even run a couple of times too. On my fast new bike I was hoping for an ambitious time of about half an hour. Alas the wind was against me, and after a while I realised the bike was against me too. When I'd taken the front wheel off yesterday to get the bike into the back of the Ka, I must have put it back on slightly to one side so it was rubbing occasionally against either the brake or the mudguard. So I'd set myself up at a disadvantage before I set off into the wind. It was quite disappointing that the fastest I managed this evening was 22mph along the flat with the wind behind me, rather than downhill where I've managed over 27mph before. I was really hoping to hit 30mph there...

Still a good workout, and plenty more to come when I start cycling to work next week!

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register