Monday 1 September 2008

A swim and a run today

Distance: 1.6km
Time: 9m32s

Today we went back to the piscine for une heure and I swam 20 lengths of the 25m pool. 15 crawl and 5 breaststroke.



Then out for a run again this evening. I'd covered the first half mile in 5 minutes, so decided to up my pace a little to ensure I didn't drop off on the second half of the run as I wanted to do it in 10 minutes. I managed the 2nd section even quicker, and recorded a good time for a mile at this (still relatively early) stage of my training. So I'm happy with that...

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register