Tuesday 16 December 2008

Phew-ee it just gets better and better

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 16m57s
Mile 1 - 8m38s
Mile 2 - 8m19s

Having spent over an hour practising a yoga DVD (following a recommendation from work), I felt suitably relaxed and loosened up to head out for a quick 2 mile jog. I was aiming to do both miles in under 9 minutes if possible, but wanted to pace myself so I didn't go too fast on the first one, to tire me out before completing the second. Having made the first in a little over 8.5 minutes, I thought perhaps I'd set off a bit too fast. Nonetheless I kept up the pace on the next mile, aiming to at least match it if I could, and made it round even quicker.

Touch wood I feel my fitness has reached a new level, where I seem to be running faster, and longer, and my swimming is improving too. I hope to get a bike ride in later in the week so it'll be good to see if that feels any easier as well. All of this combined with having lost nearly 2 stone in weight means that everything is improving. I just hope the winter stays mild enough for me to get out and keep the long runs up.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register