Wednesday 14 July 2010

Day 32 - Wednesday 14th July: Gym classes

Stability Ball: 30 minutes
LBT: 30 minutes
Body Burn 50/50: 45 minutes
Yogalates: 1 hour

For a change this week, I was not the only bloke doing Stability Ball. Amy promised us the tough exercise we did last week, but I had to admit I couldn't remember it. I think I must've blocked out the pain..? The half hour whizzed by, and the other three left.

Onto Legs, Bums & Tums (not Lettuce, Bacon & Tomato) - and I'm the only participant. This is great, 'cos I get a half hour 1:1 personal training session, tailored just to me! Amy decides to make it quite tough, especially when I tell her I can't feel the burn in the lunges. She makes me hold the lunge at the bottom and keep it there for a count of about 100. Ok, it was just 8, but boy did I feel the burn! She gave me tips about crunches, and got me to do some twisting ones whilst she threw a medicine ball at me, not one you can do in a full class.

Next up it's 50/50 and this is mostly easy compared to the previous half hour. That is until we do squats, followed by balancing on one leg, at which point the burning lunges from LBT take their toll...

Lastly I finish the evening with an hour's Yogalates, which has some new moves which I find hard. One is lying on your side, propped up on one arm, lifting both legs up off the floor, and moving them back and forth in a scissors movement. Sounds easy? You should try it (after 2½ hours exercise first!)

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register