Thursday 29 July 2010

Day 47 - Thursday 29th July: Run & Dry Tri

Run: 4.08 miles
Time: 35 minutes 45 seconds

"Dry tri" gym challenge
2k row: 8m 00s
5k bike: 10m 54s
3k run: 15m 39s



A steady-to-brisk 4 mile run at lunch, with a good -ve split. Sunny, but not too hot, and a gentle breeze. Good running conditions.

Then after work, in spite of feeling a bit achy from yesterday's exertions, I did the row/bike/run gym challenge. The set the rower to 10 to make it more challenging (last time I did it on 6), and I knocked 10 seconds off the time. Then I did 5k on the bike set to 6, but upped it to 7. However I was taking it too steady (I'm not used to gym cycling, so find it hard to set a good pace), and did this section about a minute slower than last time. Finally I did 3k on the treadmill. I set the incline to 5, and the speed to 12 km/h - but this was too much, so slowed it down gradually to 11 km/h and the include down to 4, and then down to 3. I upped the speed for the last few hundred metres to 13 km/h - and managed to shave 9 seconds off the last go. Overall 10k in 34m33s (compared to 33m43s when I did it 2½ weeks ago).

Last of all I did another 60 sit-ups on the 4-week "abs of steel" plan.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register