Wednesday 28 July 2010

Day 46 - Wednesday 28th July: Mixed bag

Run: 3.43 miles
Time: 30 minutes 00 seconds

Gym classes
Stability Ball: 30 minutes
LBT: 30 minutes
50/50: 45 minutes
LBT: 1 hour



A steady lunchtime run today, where I averaged roughly 9-minute-miles, but with a few fartleks thrown in to speed things up a little.

Then after work off to the gym for what, sadly, turned out to be my last 4-class session. As of next week the timetable will change, and there'll be no more stability ball or body-burn 50/50 classes. And LBT is brought forward to 6.15pm making it harder to get to. Oh well.

Between LBT & 50/50 today I nipped into the gym for 5 minutes to do 100 sit-ups on the ab roller. These didn't feel quite right because you use too much of your arms and not enough of your abs.

After 50/50 and it's on to.... another LBT class. The Yogalates teacher is on holiday, so it's my 4th class with Amy this evening, and since there were just three of us, she made it a tough one. I couldn't manage all of it, some of the leg raises proved just a bit too much today.

To wrap things off, I nipped back to the gym and asked Amy to show me how to use the ab roller properly, and she said to be honest I'm much better off doing proper ab crunches and not using my arms at all. So I did 50 normal sit-ups.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register