Thursday 9 October 2008

56mph? I don't think so!!

Out
Distance: 2.87m
Time: 14m18s
Avg speed: 12.1mph
Max speed: 56.6mph (!!)


Back
Distance: 2.77m
Time: 13m49s
Avg speed: 12.1mph
Max speed: 22.0mph

I nipped into Didcot at lunchtime, deciding to keep up the exercise today, but save my legs from pounding the road again. I think they need a rest after yesterday's fast mile.

My cycle computer is still not quite right. Perhaps that's the downside of getting a wireless one. Something must have interfered with its calculations as it had already measured my top speed at over 25mph (when I don't remember going over 18mph) on the way there, and when I stopped at the Orchard Centre I was bemused to see it had recorded a max speed nigh on impossible even for a professional cyclist on a carbon fibre bike. The return leg (shorter as I didn't have to circumnavigate the roundabout) seemed to be more accurate.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register