Wednesday 8 October 2008

A new village PB

Distance: 1 mile
Time: 8m04s

It's a lovely day today and as I'm waiting in today for my car to be repaired I was able to get out in the village for a daytime mile run. Today I've raised my personal best time for a mile again. The "mile" I run at lunchtime at work is about 1.03 miles - and the other day I did that in 7m45s. The "mile" I run in the village is actually about 1.10 miles, and today's 8m04s means I'd be running a mile in 7m20s. My training pace will slacken off soon when I start to increase my mileage, but I will still be aiming to run some faster miles now and then to vary things about.

Although I keep a regular check on my times, I'm not doing this because I'm hung up on how fast I can run. I guess it may seem like that sometimes. I'm just doing it this way to check how I'm improving in my levels of fitness, and give myself a boost that the hard work I'm putting in is paying off. It's encouraging to know that I'm getting better, and the fitter I am the more mentally prepared I'll be for the gruelling slog for hours round the streets of London next April.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

And there's me thinking you were turning into a geek?!

Seriously, I think you're doing a brilliant job and you have all encouragement you want.........!

Keep up the good work.

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register