Thursday 2 October 2008

Another fast one, and a new PB

Distance: 1 mile
Time: 7m46s

Well this must be a sign that I'm gradually getting fitter, as despite the mile runs not getting especially easier, they are getting faster. Today's pace if kept up for 26.2 miles would be a marathon in under 3½ hours. But that's way above me. Running 1 fast mile in training is nothing like running at distance. This website calculates what distance pace a fast mile is an indication of, and it's more like a 10-minute-mile marathon. Something that, as I've said before, would far exceed my expectations of just getting round in one piece. It's good though that with over 6 months still to go (6 months 23 days 19 hours 34 minutes and 42 seconds as I write this) that I'm achieving miles in under 8 minutes.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register