Tuesday 21 October 2008

Cycle unfriendly conditions

Distance: 7.2m
Time: 33m14s
Avg speed: 13.1mph
Max speed: 30.4mph

I dunno, this cycling lark isn't all it's cracked up to be you know. I tried to follow the cycle path on the way out of Milton Park this evening. It runs along the pavement, and at each road turning you have to stop and give way (which you obviously wouldn't have to do cycling on the road itself). At one turning I had to stop and wait for a lorry to pull out, as it was blocking the entrance to the cycle path on the other side of the road. Then I had to stop and get back onto the road as some works near a new building means they've stuck signs all over the pavement. Then you have to watch out for pedestrians, especially at the bus stops. Then leaving Milton Park, I followed the pavement ... onto a new section in the road works on the roundabout which stops in a dead end. Thanks whoever coned that bit off. Nice to think of where the cyclist is supposed to go (it used to allow access back onto the slip road, but now there's a big barrier in the way). Think I'll give up trying to follow the route where the cyclist *should* go, and stick to the road...

Apart from that, and being stuck at the lights and waiting ages at the crossroads, I got back to the car in a fairly good time.

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register