Sunday 30 November 2008

38 mile month

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 47m58s
Mile 1 - 9m29s
Mile 2 - 9m48s
Mile 3 - 9m46s
Mile 4 - 9m28s
Mile 5 - 9m27s


Brrr. Another five miler today. A bit damp when I set out, but I seemed to warm up ok after a few minutes. However by the third lap, there was a chill wind, which made my arms a bit cold. Not to be deterred however, I took it deliberately steady, with a view to increasing my pace on the second half of the run. I want to try and get into a steady pace, and not try too hard too soon, and then get too tired on later miles. It's going to be a key part of the marathon, that I can keep a steady pace, but keep plenty back for the later miles when it really gets tough. And most especially those last 385 yards!

No comments:

Running 13.1 miles in memory of Carl

I ran the Silverstone Half Marathon on 15th March 2009. I managed the 13.1 mile course in 2 hours and 4 minutes. Not a bad effort for my first Half Marathon! I returned in 2010 to run it in 1 hour 54 minutes, and plan to do it again in 2011. I decided to run this in aid of The PSC Trust and PSC Support in memory of my brother Carl, who died from liver failure in November 1997. If you'd like to sponsor me for this - please email me at pscrun@ulen.me.uk PSC Trust
PSC Support Or visit my Justgiving page for PSC Support at PSC Support - Justgiving
Have you signed up to the national donor register? If you haven't yet done so, please think about it, and let your family know your wishes.
Give the gift of life.
Join the NHS Organ Donor Register
Organ Donor Line 0845 60 60 400
http://www.uktransplant.org.uk/register